Reliant Storm Center

Report a power outage

Resources for reporting a power outage to your utility company


Your utility company can help

Where strong storms go, power outages tend to follow. And we understand how inconvenient that can be. To get power restored as quickly and easily as possible after an outage, please contact your Transmission and Distribution Service Provider (TDSP). You can find the number of your TDSP, also commonly referred to as your utility company, below.  And if you haven't yet, sign up for service alerts to receive power outage status updates sent directly to your phone. 

Why am I reporting my outage to my TDSP?

The electricity purchased from Reliant — or any retail provider — is delivered to your home by the infrastructure, including wires, transformers, and poles, maintained by your TDSP. 

Downed power line safety

Always assume that downed power lines are energized and report them to your TDSP.  Be sure to stay at least 35 feet away from them and anything they're touching.

Centerpoint Energy: 1-800-332-7143

Oncor: 1-888-313-4747

AEP: 1-866-226-8508

Texas-New Mexico Power: 1-888-866-7456

Lubbock Power & Light : 1-806-775-2509


Houston-area residents

Please know that help is available if you need relief from the heat, a place to charge your devices, food, or water. If you are in need, we encourage you to visit one of these relief centers for assistance.